OptiMate 6 - 12V Battery Charger/Optimiser. 5 Amp high current version of the multiple award-winning automatic battery optimiser for all lead-acid 12V batteries up to 240Ah.
OptiMate 6 is the latest in OptiMate technology. Featuring TecMate’s latest AmpMatic microprocessor controlled circuitry, OptiMate 6 is genuinely revolutionary - the world’s most advanced and versatile battery charger, maintainer and tester. All in a stylish, robust, weatherproof, wall-mountable enclosure.
As soon as it’s connected, the ampmatic microprocessor automatically diagnoses your battery’s condition and sets the optimal charge current and program. This enhanced version of the acclaimed OptiMate multi-stage desulphation program will even automatically give many deep-discharged and otherwise “dead” batteries a new lease of life. When the charge is complete the eco power-saving mode ensures ultra low power consumption while keeping your battery optimally charged, cool and safe, month after month, prolonging its life by up to 400%!
How it works:
1. Initialisation: OptiMate 6 checks that it is connected to a battery (minimum voltage 0.5V).
2. Programming: the ampmatic processor checks the battery’s condition to determine the appropriate program entry point.
3. Desulphation and recovery: if necessary, 2 or 3 stages of high voltage and oscillatory pulsing are applied to recover neglected flat batteries (removed from the vehicle) from sulphation to a chargeable state.
4. Bulk charge: the ampmatic processor sets and then continually re-adjusts the constant current optimally for each individual battery according to its evolving electrical characteristics.
5. Short-circuited cell check: after 10 minutes the ampmatic processor assesses the electrical parameters to check for power leakage due to a short-circuited cell.
6. Absorption and equalisation: during 10 minutes the current is delivered in pulses to cause the voltage to oscillate between 13.7 and 14.3V, aiding cell voltage equalization.
7. Charge verification: during 5 minutes the voltage is limited at 13.6V while the ampmatic processor monitors the current absorbed by the battery. If this reveals a less than optimal charge, the program reverts to absorption for a further 10 minutes.
8. Charge retention test: when the optimal charge has been achieved, the first check for battery (and connected system) power leakage commences. If the battery passes the first 30 minutes test, the test is extended up to 12 hours for a definitive result. If the voltage falls below 12.4V in this period the extended test is terminated. Results of the tests can be read at a glance on the easy-to-read LED panel. 30-minute tests are repeated hourly until the OptiMate 6 is disconnected, so that the battery status indication is continually updated.
9. Charge maintenance: during alternate 30 minute periods, at a float limit of 13.6V the battery is offered whatever charge current it needs to sustain it against any small connected loads or power leakage and against natural self discharge. OptiMate 6 can stay connected to the battery indefinitely, the battery will stay cool and safe. And optimally charged. Of course.
Recommended for: AGM / MF, STD, GEL and spiral cell batteries up to 240Ah
Programme control: ampmaticTM microprocessor
Input current max: 0.55A @ 230V
Typical annual energy cost: Less than £1.00 per year (continuous maintenance)
Reverse drain current: Less than 0.001A
Output current (bulk charge): 0.4A – 5.0A
Automatic desulphation: Multistage (high voltage, turbo and pulsed mode)
Charge time limit: 48 hours (maintenance time: unlimited)
Maintain / test cycles: 30 min/30 min (alternating hourly)
Charge retention test: 5 possible results from ‘good’ to ‘bad’
Size: 199 x 71 x 61mm
Enclosure classification: IP54
Mounting: Easy direct wall mounting
Input cable length: 2m
Output cable length: 2m
Included Accessories: O11 Weatherproof Eyelet Lead; O4 Clamp Lead for bench charging
Operation temperature range: -40°C / +50°C
Warranty: 3 years
Certification (230V model): TUV/GS conformity
The REAL & unique multistage battery optimiser specially designed for all modern 12V starter batteries up to 240 Amp-hours capacity.
Diagnoses, recovers, charges, checks & maintains your battery automatically for months. All major battery manufacturers recommend maintaining starter batteries FULLY CHARGED during periods of non-use. OptiMate 6 is totally safe for months-long connection and maintenance of irregularly or seasonally used batteries even while still connected to the vehicle. The sophisticated charging algorithm ensures no risk of over-charging.
Suitable for all types of rechargeable 12V lead-acid batteries: filler cap types; absorbed glass mat (AGM or "MF"); valve regulated (VRLA); GEL-electrolyte. As simple as 1-2-3: Just connect OptiMate 6 to your battery, the rest is automatic. Electronically protected against user errors. There is no switch, no fuse and there are no sparks.
Delivered with two interchangeable connection sets, one with clamps for bench charging, the other with in-line protection fuse and eyelet terminals for permanent connection to the vehicle’s battery to allow easy reconnection of charger when necessary.
Optional accessories include additional fused permanent connection leads (O1); cigarette lighter plug lead (O2) to charge via the cigarette lighter or DIN socket (as found on some BMW, Honda & Triumph touring motorcycles); 1.8m and 4.6m extension leads; weatherproof sockets to provide a convenient 12V supply for sat-nav, MP3 player, mobile phone charger PDA etc. and much more.
Certifications: TUV/GS conformity; CE Certification; 3-year warranty.