Charge your 12V (Lead Acid) or 12.8V- 13.2V (LFP-Lithium) battery from another 12V battery. No AC power required. Ideal for both lead-acid and LFP (LiFePO4) batteries.
Optimate DC-DC – the Unique battery to battery charger!
Charge without AC power
Maintain Remote Battery
Save your ‘dead’ battery
.....from another 12V battery or DC supply!
OptiMate DC to DC, recovers, charges & maintains a 12V lead-acid battery from another 12V battery or DC supply.
OptiMate DC to DC brings you the advanced OptiMate features to places where there is no access to an AC Mains Power supply. Recover, charge and maintain your battery using a larger source battery (ideally 1.5x capacity) without fear of discharging the source thanks to OptiMate's Source Battery Protection.
How it works:
1. Safety check: Optimate DC->DC must be connected to a battery (retaining minimum 1V) to activate its output.
2. Desulfation and recovery: if due to sulphation the battery's resistance is abnormally high, a voltage up to 20V is automatically applied to overcome this so as to recover very flat or neglected batteries until they are able to accept the normal charge program.
3. Bulk Charge: A constant current of 2 A (max) efficiently brings the battery close to full charge.
4. Charge verification: The circuit verifies battery charge level (2 hours maximum). If the battery requires further charging, BULK CHARGE recommences for brief periods. These revisions may occur as many times as is necessary to reduce the battery's current demand below 200mA at 13,6.
5. Charge retention test: Delivery of current ot the battery is interrupted for 30 minutes, determining the battery's ability to retain charge. For batteries with a GOOD state of health, LED #5 (green) should continue to flash for the full 30 minute period.
6. Charge maintenance: LED #5 or 6 indicates depending on the outcome of the voltage retention test.The maintenance charge mode is designed to preserve the DC source battery whilst maintaining the battery connected for maintenance at full charge. A charge period intermittently alternates with a monitor period. Length of charge and/or monitor period depends on the drain of connected circuitry from the MAINTAINED battery. A charge period is activated when voltage of a the maintained battery reduces below 12.9V and continues until the voltage reaches 13.6V. LED #5 or 6 indicates continuously during the charge period. During a monitoring period no charge is delivered. Current draw from the SOURCE battery is limited to what the charger reuqires to monitor the MAINTAINED battery. During battery monitoring mode LED #5 or 6 will flash every 10 seconds to indicate battery status (as determined during the previous voltage retention test). The charge and monitor cycles will repeat until either the SOURCE battery (or DC supply) or MAINTAINED battery is disconnected or the SOURCE battery is completely discharged.
7. Source battery protection: warning light and automatic shut-down. Once the source battery voltage reduces below 10V, the OptiMate DC-DC will shut off avoiding deep discharge of the source battery.
Ideal for: STD, AGM & GEL 12V batteries and LFP 12.8V-13.2V batteries from 3 – 96Ah.
Program control: 7 stages, fully automatic
Output current (bulk charge): 2A
Automatic desulphation: Yes
Charge time limit: 48 hours (maintenance time: unlimited)
Maintain / test cycles: 30 min / 30 min (alternating hourly)
Charge retention test: Range: 12.2 - 12.7V. GOOD (green) = battery voltage > 12.7V
Size: 167 x 65 x 46 mm
Weight (packed): 0.6 kg
Enclosure: fully sealed (IP54), 4 x wall mount tabs
Input cable length: 30 cm
Output cable length: 2m
Included Accessories: O1 fused eyelet set, O4 clamps set for bench charging, O14 fused clamps set for source battery connection
Operation temperature range: From –20ºC <-> 40°C / –4°F <-> 104°F
Warranty: 3 years
Ratings / approvals: IP54, CE, NRTL (UL & CSA), SAA (AU & NZ), approved by TUV Sud. BC (California Energy Compliant).