150-9 BatteryMate & Poster.
Unique combination of load tester and powerful constant current charger with automatic desulphating action.
BatteryMate is the unique Industry Standard combination of load-tester and powerful constant-current charger with automatic desulphating action to recover deep-discharged batteries. BatteryMate has been constantly developed and improved since its introduction in 1992 following requests from the major motorcycle & battery manufacturers, particularly after the introduction of "MF" or "AGM" batteries, which required special handling and commissioning.
BatteryMate incorporates a unique special MF program for correct and vital first commissioning charge of motorcycle type dry-charged maintenance-free batteries. The program automatically terminates the important constant current bulk charge at the correct voltage appropriate for any of the various types of MF batteries now available according to their particular requirement. Incorrect commissioning charging of motorcycle AGM type MF batteries is the single biggest cause of premature battery failure.
The latest evolution in the BatteryMate family, the 150-9 has been revised to make operation easier whilst improving on all the features of previous models.
- Covers 2.5Ah to 45Ah batteries.
- Special charge program for MF batteries.
- Up to 150Amp load test and 9Amp constant current charge rate.
- Choice of either 3 second or 15 second extended load test.
- Automatic retest selection after charge cycle.
- Indication of elapsed charge time.
- Fully automatic recovery of deep-discharged batteries.
- OptiMate-type display shows battery condition during charging.
- Temperature compensation and protection.
- Recommended by most motorcycle OEs.
OptiMate technology means constant review of the charging procedure and battery condition so as to obtain the best results. Built to a very high standard, the BatteryMate 150-9 will extend the life of both maintenance free and conventional battery types by avoiding overcharging, and will reduce charging time dramatically saving valuable workshop time.
BatteryMate 150-9 is recommended by virtually all major motorcycle manufacturers & importers, particularly for initial commission charge of AGM batteries. Supplied complete with instructive wall poster.
For all 12V lead-acid starter batteries as used in motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles, personal watercraft and garden tractors.
Load Tester Features
- Six load test settings from 15A to 150A, suitable for all starter batteries from 2.5Ah to 45Ah.
- Select a 3 second test for an initial evaluation or 15 seconds for a more onerous test. The 15 second test automatically selects for re-testing charged batteries.
- Read the required min. recharge time on the LED-voltmeter and observe the battery voltage trend dynamically during the load to determine underlying battery health.
- A thermal sensor compensates for varying ambient temperature effects.
- The tester is automatically protected against overheating by temporary disablement triggered by a thermal auto-resetting fuse.
- A separate LED indicates when the battery is too weak to test and needs recharging first.
Automatic charger features
- Six charging Amps settings, from 1 A to 9 A constant current, for correct and most time-effective charging for batteries from 2.5 Amp-hours and greater.
- Special pushbutton selected MF program for both dry-charged AGM types requiring dealer commissioning, and factory- filled “wet” sealed AGM types.
- The program for conventional & lead-calcium batteries with filler caps is selected automatically by default for added safety.
- 3-step charging: a constant current ‘bulk charge’ rapidly charges the battery up to cranking capability, a constant voltage ‘absorption’ stage completes the charge, and a float charge mode then tops up & maintains the charge.
- The charging voltage settings are adjusted automatically for ambient temperature fluctuations.
- The charge time indicated by the load test result is set on a timer, up to 6 hours. For MF batteries, the bulk charge time is limited in relation to the independently monitored rising battery voltage trend to allow safer charging of the various different types of MF motorcycle batteries.
- Sulphated batteries are automatically identified & a special program initiated using higher voltage to try to bring the battery back to rechargeable status.
- Three groups of LEDs indicate the charging Amps, the elapsed charge time & the charging program progress until disconnection or switch-off.
You might also like
Regular price £299.00 -33% Price £199.00