OptiMate Pro-S 12V Battery Charger - an affordable commissioning charger for professional workshops.
Based on the famous OptiMate charging algorithm, the Pro-S offers proven OptiMate technology in a handy workshop format, with selectable charge programs for fast and correct charging of all types of MF power sports vehicle batteries. If you already have an OptiMate Pro4-S or Pro8-S but also need extra charging power & portability, OptiMate Pro-S is perfect. Or if you have a small or satellite workshop which needs a professional charger but cannot justify the expense of BatteryMate or Pro4-S, Pro-S is ideal.
- NEW single-station workshop charger correctly commissions new sealed & filler cap batteries in 1 hour, extending battery life by up to 100%.
- The NEW Ampmatic program varies current according to battery requirements, bringing the battery to full charge as quickly as possible.
- Unique NEW and USED battery program selections.
- OptiMate programming incorporates recovery of sulphated batteries, equalisation, optimal charge cycle and multiple test stages.
- Wall mountable housing uses standard OptiMate connection leads and accessories for easy connection.
The high voltage & pulsing recovery mode is able to save a neglected sulphated 12V lead-acid battery unable to accept a charge from a standard charger. Battery power is optimized during bulk, absorption & cell balancing charge modes by the microprocessor controlled AMPMATIC program, a unique feature that automatically ensures the battery receives optimal current every second, and then tests to verify charge retention. Automatic safety features include quick identification of a severely shorted battery, 12 hour maximum program for USED batteries and electronic reverse polarity protection.
- Detects short-circuited cells
- Diagnoses sulphation
- Controlled desulphation
- Ampmatic controlled charge current
- Charge verification action
- Voltage retention check
- Float charge maintenance