PRO-4 multi-charger - 4 x 12V.
Unique battery charger for up to 4 batteries. Ideal for initial commissioning charge.
The OptiMate PRO 4 is an automatic 5-stage charger incorporating diagnostic checks & an automatic special recovery mode for deep-discharged (sulphated) batteries. Four different 12 Volt batteries can be simultaneously and independently perfectly charged and assessed by way of 3 selectable programmes :-
How it works
Before connecting, select “NEW” for the first-ever charge of new sealed (e.g. AGM) motorcycle batteries or 2A / 4A for others, depending on capacity.
- Battery check: OptiMate Pro-4 must be connected to a battery (retaining a minimum of 1.8V) to activate its output.
- Programming: the ampmatic processor checks the battery’s condition to determine the appropriate program entry point.
- Desulphation and recovery: if necessary, 2 or 3 stages of high voltage and oscillatory pulsing are applied to recover neglected, flat batteries (removed from the vehicle) from sulphation to a chargeable state.
- Bulk charge stage: the ampmatic processor sets and then continually re-adjusts the constant current optimally for each individual battery according to its evolving electrical characteristics.
- Short-circuited cell check: during charging the ampmatic processor checks for short-circuited or damaged cells.
- Absorption and equalisation: during 10 minutes the current is delivered in pulses to cause the voltage to oscillate between 13.7 and 14.3V, aiding cell voltage equalisation.
- Charge verification: during 5 minutes the voltage is limited at 13.6V while the ampmatic processor monitors the current absorbed by the battery. If this reveals a less than optimal charge, the program reverts to absorption for a further 10 minutes (maximum 12 reversions).
- Charge retention test: when the optimal charge has been achieved, the first check for battery (and connected system) power leakage commences. If the battery passes the first 30 minutes test (NEW selection, 10 minutes only), the test is extended up to 12 hours (2A/4A selections) for a definitive result. If the voltage falls below 12.4V in this period the extended test is terminated. Results of the tests can be read at a glance on the easy-to-read LED panel. 30 minute tests are repeated hourly until the OptiMate PRO-4 is disconnected, so that the battery status indication is continually updated.
- Charge maintenance: during alternate 30 minute periods, at a float limit of 13.6V the battery is offered whatever charge current it needs to sustain it against any small connected loads or power leakage and against natural self discharge. OptiMate PRO-4 can be left connected to the battery indefinitely, the battery will stay cool and safe. And optimally charged. Of course.
- Recommended for: AGM / MF, STD, GEL and spiral cell batteries from 2Ah to 40Ah (12 hour charge)
- Programme control: Fully automatic ampmatic processor
- Input Voltage: Selectable 115-230V 50-60Hz input
- Input current max: 1.8A @ 230V
- Reverse drain current: Less than 1mA per output
- Output current (bulk charge): 4 x 0.4A – 4A (0.2 – 2A on 2A selection)
- Automatic desulphation: Multistage (high voltage, turbo and pulsed mode)
- Charge time limit: 48 hours (maintenance time: unlimited)
- Maintain / test cycles: 30 min/30 min (alternating hourly) First test on ‘NEW’: 10min
- Charge retention test: 5 possible results from ‘good’ to ‘bad’
- Size: 235 x 274 x 178 mm
- Weight: 8Kg
- Enclosure classification: IP54
- Mounting: Optional wall bracket available
- Input cable length: 2m
- Output cable length: 2.65m (incl. extension, excl. connection set)
- Included Accessories: 4 x O4 Clamp Set for bench charging; 4 x O3 Extension Cable
- Operation temperature range: 0°C / +40°C
- Warranty: 2 years